Sunday, September 6, 2009

Songs for September

Spring is well and truly in the air and accordingly my heart is constantly on the hunt for songs to listen to whilst sitting in the sunshine with my eyes closed or to accompany a beer and bbq. However, although I have been listening to some songs along the aforementioned vein, most of the ones sure to be on repeat over September and making it onto this post are more melancholy than I intended including these musical nuggets...

Julian Plenti - Only If You Run (buy it)
It took me until midway through the first chorus to realise that Julian Plenti was in fact the Interpol frontman (Google tells me his name is Paul Banks.) Anyway, this is delightful folk-rock upbeatness only deviating slightly from the oh so successful Interpol formula.

Blitzen Trapper - Black River Killer (buy it)
Border line country but certainly my favourite serial killer themed song since Sufjan Stevens' John Wayne Gacy Jr. One of those songs that you don't realise how much you like it until it's crept into your head and is too late to remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment