Thursday, January 21, 2010

Songs for January...

What with it being a new decade and everything I should really be posting cutting edge music that will revolutionise the industry in the coming months. Alas, I do not have any. Instead then here are 3 songs that I have played more than any other in the last week or so.

Bon Iver - Skinny Love (buy it)
The massed voice of Justin Vernon over such a simple little melody comes together to make something that is, in the words of my good friend, a wonder. It's made a lot of people's
Top Songs of 2009 lists, and for good reason.

Julie Doiron - When Brakes Get Wet (buy it)
I downloaded this little song as part of a big batch in December and at the time didn't give it the credit it deserved. I have now. It's only 1:47 long but is full to the brim with friendship and sentiment.

Yeasayer - Ambling Amp (buy it)
No one can ever have enough synthed up electro. Can they? No they can't. This dose even has a spectacularly unusual video, watch it
here. (NB: nudity aplenty in the clip - NSFW)

I'm sure it won't be long before I have over listened to them and they are ruined for me forever...but for now...back on repeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment